Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Life

Hello there. Our life has been a little whirlwindish lately. Several times I have had the intention of blogging, but just haven't made it all the way to the computer. James has been doing a few sports camps, soccer is still going ( this is the last week, then he starts rec) , Bella has been feeling slighted, I'm thinking about signing her up for a few gymnastics classes or something to keep her from feeling left out. She wants to play soccer so bad! However,  every time she practices with James she grabs the ball and runs and yells tackle :) She is so entertaining. baby b continues to be my hip rider, and lap filler. I love it. She still sleeps quite a bit, and when she is awake, terrorizes everything, and crawls at my feet to be held. She eats more than all the rest of us put together. Seriously. Speaking of eating, our whole foods thing has been a pretty good success! Like I said, I didn't intend to follow it to the letter, so we have had ice cream, pizza and other fun things, but we have all majorly become aware of what we are putting in our mouths. And when I say all of us, I mean the kids and I. Bobby has no part of healthy eating, except what I make for supper. And sometimes I have to cook separately for him. Anyway. Maybe one day :) He's busy working so I can afford to shop for good food!
A few favorites have been zucchini muffins, (all three of my kids loved these) brown rice fettuccine noodles with Alfredo sauce, baked chicken with olive oil and fennel rub, tenderloin with cracked pepper, and veggies with a dash of soy sauce and olive oil.
For snacks, wild berry mix,pistachios granola, and apples, cantaloupe etc, and the girls eat Lara Bars like they are getting away. Seriously, they each eat at least two or three every single day. James has settled for Annie's granola's, which don't fit the bill for prepackaged food, but for him, these things are super big steps. He ate the all the things listed above in two or more servings, even the veggies. Major. He likes the idea of being healthy, but he has taste buds geared more like his daddy, so it's a struggle for him. It comes naturally for the girls, but  I was way more conscious during my pregnancies with them and breast-feeding time with what I ate. I know that made a big difference.
Anyway, we have made changes that easily fit into our everyday lives, and are relatively simple.

Bobby made the decision to be baptized. We are praising God, and well, praising God!!   Our little family is so, so blessed to be receiving a spiritual leader into our home. It's happening this weekend, and I'm super excited, and so proud of him for taking this step, and becoming the man I know he wants to be. God can do anything!!

Tonight, I'm going over to order Baby's one year pics. Here is a sneak peek. How I'm ever going to decide which ones I am getting is beyond me :)
 Hope everyone is having a great summer, and enjoying every minute. School, fall, and schedules are right around the corner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment