I had two people tell me this week they thought it was time for a blog update. I knew it had been awhile, but didnt realize quite how long. Last time I wrote we were in the lazy last days of summer swimming, swimming, and doing, well.. nothing in particular. How things change :)
We started homeschool the same week as public school started. Bella began preschool three mornings a week the day after labor day.They each play soccer, James during the week and Saturdays, and Bella Saturdays only. It has been really fun to watch Bella grow and learn. She is doing great this year at school and loves to go. She has grown up in many ways. Still my baby though. Especially when she is tired.
Baby is growing and changing at a rapid rate. She walks everywhere now, and is quite zippy when she wants to get somewhere. My mom says she walks like my great grandma Cassie, and that makes me smile, even though I never knew her .No more leaving the front door open, she snuck off and visited her daddy at the barn one day this week in about 10 seconds flat. I noticed her about halfway down the yard, and I mean she was cruising! She is starting to form a small vocabulary, not much, but she does just fine at communicating :) I gave her something on her high chair the other day, and she looked at me and said "hot". She points alot, and smiles behind her paci all the time. She is still a really good, sweet, quiet baby most of the time. She is not fond of the nursery at church, and WILL NOT stay in the one at the gym. I love every single minute with her, and am so thankful to have her in my life.
Homeschooling is going surprisingly well. It's safe at this point to say we love it. I really hope it continues. It hasnt been perfect, or without it's struggles getting started, and getting to know James in a learning atmosphere, but all in all it has gone so smoothly. We have had lots of fun, and I have a little more time at home to get things done. Our schoolroom is not finished so we set up in the kitchen for now. I am really anxious to get it completed, and really get moving with some of the bigger projects. If we get at it at 9 when Bella goes to school, we can usually be done by 12 when it's time to get her. If not, we do some after we get back, or later in the evening when James has had a little break. We have been taking Mondays and Fridays off, but I think we might pick up one or the other, just to practice extra math, and phonics.
I cannot praise God enough for His faithfulness this summer and fall. There have been alot of changes in our family and home, and God has provided with mighty open arms. Each new day is met with it's own battles, but happiness, contentment, thanksgiving, and a renewed vigor to serve has entered my heart in a way I have never know before. I want to serve the Lord in every way possible, and bring Him glory with all areas of my life. The blessings we recieve are by His grace, and not our own deserving, and He is a wonderful giver. May we all open our hearts a little more to His whisper, and give Him the honor in all things.
fun update :) thankful that home-schooling is going good! you are a great mother -- may God continue to bless you as you serve Him!!
ReplyDeletelove ya!
Thanks for your update Ranelle...I always enjoy them...blessings to your sweet family!
ReplyDeleteGood to hear y'all are doing well. Glad homeschooling is going well, I changes pace after the first week and it is going much better. Blessings to you all as you serve the Lord.
ReplyDeleteJudy