Monday, January 16, 2012

Just a few thoughts on a Monday......
(some thoughts adapted / or elaborated on from Resolved2Worship)



Mothering is God's job for me right now. This is nothing new. I have known this a long time. I have studied "the 31 woman" many, many times. With awe. With anger. With shame. With hope. With tears. Because I couldn't quite match this woman. I couldn't quite be this woman. I didn't think like this woman. I didn't have the energy or motivation this woman had.
But, look at what's wrong. OF COURSE I didn't have it!!!! Christ has to give it to me. He has to work in my place. He has to transform my heart. He has to Be. Because I am certainly not.
We finally got around to watching Soul Surfer last night,what an amazing story. Really got me to thinking. What if I had to mother with one arm. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.
So, He strengthens me to be a new mother every day. A new chance. To plant a seed in my child's heart. To sing, or kiss away the tears. To teach forgiveness. To teach hope. And grace. Mothering is an act of worship. Each little thing I do is an act of worship to God. Meals. laundry. Carpool. Worshipping the Lord through daily things. Keeping that line of communion open all day long, the LOrd speaks to me. Keeping me in His love, and voice all day.
Mothering is as much Glory to the Lord as an hour spent alone with him in prayer. wow. Every single thing I do is an act of worship.
How am I worshipping?
Reverence? Grumbling?

No comments:

Post a Comment