Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Flipside

Our week has been quite interesting so far.

James was out of school yesterday...but had to go back today.moping.

I had a lovely chat with my nutritionist yesterday, and she gave me lots of ideas on roasting vegetables so that James might eat them without barfing. which he did. literally. when i made him try broccoli. But, according to her charts, I need to say hello to yogurt, and goodbye to 20 pounds.

Baby is almost 7 months. too fast. But, I have spent the last 7 months sitting, holding her, and kissing her silky skin. I bet that's a million kisses. but...
She is developing a habit of going to bed around 5 or 6pm. which puts the 8 or 9 hours mark somewhere between 3 and 4am. I feel like a zombie.

In light of the whole sitting, loving her thing, every domestic chore you could imagine in my house has been ignored. If you squint, you can see out the windows. But, she's happy. and I'm happy. Clean windows are way overrated.

My children have been so wild and precarious this week, even my mother said they were bad. That's low.
But, they are healthy, and alive and spirited.
That's a mom's way of saying they are total brats and I love them to pieces.

we are remodeling our laundry room and finishing the bathroom in the basement. I have no washer and dryer.
Mom has been doing my laundry.
Don't be jealous now. I still have to put it away.

The smell of baby lotion is intoxicating and wonderful.
It has made me forget there is a whole nother world out there.
Sorry, friends. you have been so patient with me. I will get back to reality soon, I promise. Berkeley world will soon loose it's baby sweetness, and develop toddler crankiness.

Tebow was no match for Brady. ok. swoon. sorry folks but you just can't ignore either of those faces.
BUT....Tebow's God is still God, yesterday today and forever. It doesn't matter if he won or lost. The battle for our souls is already won.

Praise Jesus. There is no flipside  for that. He's wonderful any way you look at it. Salvation is wonderful.
Praise Him!

1 comment: