I woke up craving peanut butter this morning, and it got me reminiscencing about waking up to lots of kicks, nausea and the craving for peanut butter! Baby will be 6 months old this month, and those memories have almost been replaced with her daddy bouncing up the stairs as soon as she stirs and makes a squeak. I don't really miss the nausea or the cravings, but the sweet little kicks? yea. I do. I guess I'm one of the odd ones who likes being pregnant, it's such a miracle, and a blessing from God. Plus, I love to eat, and hey. Who is ever going to refuse a lady expecting?! anyway. Memory is an odd thing. How certain things remind you of another time. I have been thinking about baby Jesus the past few weeks. Wonder if Mary had morning sickness. Or peanut butter cravings. Or back aches. Did she love to feel him move? And how exciting not to wait until week 20 to find out what she was having! But all that Mary did know, I wonder if she really knew. Some 2000 years later I would be sitting here, saved by his Grace alone, all because she endured the kicks, the pains, the probably worry, and confusion. That I would so desperately need his love and mercy. There are days when all I can utter is JESUS. and that's enough. HE is enough. I look at Berkeley and can't imagine how Mary must have felt being mother to Jesus. What kind of baby was he? It's just amazing to think about our Saviour being tiny and helpless. Did Mary know? what a miracle.
oh. and I guess I should clarify that Bobby doesn't really "bounce" per say. Maybe just scruffs. sleepily. But, the second she wimpers, he does get pretty excited. (sleepy excited)
Happy Monday. Blessings to each one today.
wow....i have had some of those very same thoughts the last couple weeks. how this very young maiden felt deep down when gabriel came to her with the news. she pondered things "in her heart". her heart must have fairly burst!! sooo thankful God planned it all!! let's not forget joseph....he must have been soo in love with mary to be able to handle all that was happening. again, God, what a plan!!!! love you, ranelle
ReplyDeleteI remember when I had Oliver right before Christmas 2 years ago. I was in tears often just thinking about Mary and how she would have to watch her baby grow up to die for me. But, I also wonder what Jesus was like as a baby.
ReplyDelete