I haven't been on here in forever it seems, not for lack of excitement, but rather time ;)
It's a quiet monday morning, Baby is here quietly beside me, happy after her morning feeding. James is off to learn, and Bella is still in bed worn out from her first sleepover this weekend. (for the record, James just had his first one recently, too and they both did great)
Thanksgiving has come and gone, but I am still giving thanks for my babies, and all my other blessings around. Christmas is upon us, and I will have to admit, I sorta have a love/ not love relationship with the season. I don't mean the actual "reason" but the season itself. I heard a quote, "Jesus never intended for Christmas to be a big business when he gave the first gift", and I have been thinking about that alot. The kids have been so excited, and I want to give them those good childhood memories I had of Christmases at home, So we got the tree in the pouring rain (because I had promised that day, forgot to check the weather!) and decorated it, got a few lights up and made plans for a trip to see my grandparents with clear directions that this was going to be our Christmas present to them. An airplane ride seemed sufficient in their eyes :) We decided to decorate the house while James is off for break. This is being awaited with much anticipation!
But, inside I am struggling with all the commercialization. I love holiday music, and making cookies, and garland, and all things Christmas. I love celebrating His birth with loved ones, and friends. After all, He is our king, and should be celebrated with the highest regard in our hearts. It's easy to love all these things and forget the humbleness of the Saviour. So, I love Christmas time. But I don't love the struggle to keep it real in my heart. To keep it real in my home. In my children's eyes. My prayer is that through the season, we can touch some other lonely person's heart with the news of Jesus. With the gift of salvation. With the good news of the Saviour born. And some delicious Christmas cookies :) yum.
Seems unbelievable that it's here once again. Almost 2012. Too fast.
Since baby has learned to roll, she is no longer right beside me, and Bella has pattered downstairs. Time is up.Blessings to all this Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment