Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Man, I really wanna go to heaven......

James hopped into the car one day last week from school, and proclaims,
                             man. I really wish I go to heaven!

I don't know what kind of day he had, or what made him "wish" at that very moment to ensure his home in eternity, but I got it.

Some days I really wish for heaven with my whole heart. Others it seems heaven is right here, in a sweet smile, or sloppy kiss. But. I got what James meant.

I really wish I go to heaven too! But, even better, I don't have to wish. Jesus took care of my "wishes" long ago. My home in heaven is through His blood alone, and through my faith in it's saving grace.

Questions followed about heaven, many of which I could not answer. But one I could. Heaven is perfect and beautiful. It is home.

Dear Lord, help me to be Christlike. Help me to be like Jesus, and live an earthly life in His care. Help me to place my affections on things eternal. Help me to live out your word, and be cleansed with Jesus' blood. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Madeline has had a lot of questions about heaven lately. She wants to know if she can come back to our house after she goes to heaven. Eternity is hard for anyone to grasp, especially a 4 year old. :)

    ReplyDelete