Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Vacation

We decided to take a vacation for the kids for Christmas this year instead of doing big gifts for them. Legoland, Florida was the spot they picked, and it worked out perfectly since it's near my Grandparent's  winter home down there. A short trip, but very fun, and the kids totally loved it. It marked baby's first airplane ride, her first time to Florida, Bobby's first time to Florida, our first "big" vacation with all of us, and two other equally important milestones. One is happy. One is not. First is , Bella got rid of paci while we were there! I decided not to pack it, planning to adapt the "don't offer, don't refuse" rule, and she did not ask! Once while we were at Legoland, but not since. It is a real shocker to me. Hope it sticks, and doesn't end in a meltdown one night. The other, Baby decided while we were there that she is DONE being a breastfed baby. She has been nursing fretfully for a week or so, I thought it was just a stage and didn't worry to much. But, she wouldn't nurse at all while we were there, and ended up screaming and arching away from me as I tried to feed her. I tried all day after we got home, to no avail. Bobby suggested I give up, and give her bottles, and she is happy as can be. Confusing, saddening and VERY uncomfortable for me. But, I can't make her, and she is much happier so far. I have been very sore and sad today, I can't believe she is that big already, Seems like I just had her. I napped with her today to fill the void of our snuggle time. Anyway , all in all a great trip, and memories made that will last a lifetime. My pictures are haphazard, my uploader was being weird, and I don't have time to play around with it today, so maybe start at the bottom and work up.... Hope everyone is being blessed as we prepare for Christmas!






















2 comments:

  1. Oliver stopped nursing at 6 months. I remember being sad and disappointed. But, it ended up being better for both of us. And I like the idea of taking a trip instead of big gifts. The memories last way longer. Plus, we are having a hard time thinking of more gifts. I think we have everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I could finally get on and check out your pictures. It looks so neat and I can tell that everyone had a blast! I can't wait to share our Disney Pictures with ya :) I am sad for you that baby B isn't nursing but I am EXCITED that she can now come stay with her favorite Aunt Kelsey!

    ReplyDelete