Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Monday Morning

I meant to get this post done on Monday as it came to mind, but it didnt happen. So, these were my thoughts on Monday!

I woke Monday morning a little tired. Sundays are the highlight of my week, generally Bobby is home with us at least part of the day, and its usually spent doing something with the kids and eating somewhere nice. So, as a result Mondays are somewhat of a letdown. But this monday in particular was a doosey. The house was a disaster from Sunday's fun, and as I was wiping the kitchen counter for what seemed like the thousandth time the thought crossed my mind that I was not glorifying the Lord in ANY way. I was grumbling, sad, and ashamedly resenting the work that had to be done. Laundry piles, crumbs, dirty windows, dishes,etc are not really my thing. But, they are my responsibility as a wife, and mother. So I began thinking about my job. Of course I have read proverbs 31 over and over, and of course my prayer is to be this woman, but of course life, and more namely SATAN gets in my way. I have always struggled somewhat with being a stay-at- home mom soley. I have been blessed to be able to have work that I can cart my kids along. So I have always been somewhat of a  working/have my kids with me mom. Which is awesome. I certainly don't want to be away from them.  But last summer I decided not to work, and stay at home only. Anyway, sometimes I just wonder how I am glorifying the Lord sitting home and laundering all day. But I know that being a stay at home mom is glorifying to Him when done joyfully. And submissively. Not grumbling and unthankful. These of course are both sins. So I dusted off proverbs 31, got on my knees, and He and I worked through it together. We got through the laundry, we got through the dishes, we got through the crumbs, we got through bathtime, we got through it together! He can shine through me to my children, but I have to let him. Dark clouds in my eyes won't let His sunlight through. I am striving to be A Joyful Mother, and wife. I need His help daily, and through prayer and trust He lifts me out of the laundry pit and into His loving arms.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, Ranelle! Remember to come back later and read what you wrote here. Like a prayer journal where you go back and see how God answered, stories like this are evidence of God working in the little things of life... which are unfortunately so easy to forget. Keep telling these stories, ok? I, for one, am encouraged by them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ranelle, Mom told me you were blogging again. But, I finally found my way back here. It's great to read your posts again. I love how your heart for the Lord comes through each post. What an encouragement! I hope to meet little B at the family reunion in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete