Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Just a few sentences

I thought it was time (or past) to log a few sentences here. Today looks to be interesting, as baby woke grumpy. Maybe she will cheer up, but her cries when her daddy left to take Bella to school were ridiculously loud and kinda sad. She adores him. His birthday was yesterday, we celebrated with cake and lasagna, his favorite.

The baby learned to say Happy Birthday, and while she is still very quiet has added a few words to her vocabulary . She says no, pee pee, go, ruff-ruff- and moo. Those are the new ones I can think of off the top of my sleepy head. Bella has learned several of her letters and sounds, and has been joining us in the classroom when she isn't at school. She shows promise of being a very diligent scholar, always asking for more work, and more school papers as she calls them. She seems to like worksheets and actual writing work as much as James like projects and hands on work, so that's a pretty good balance. At this point, we plan to homeschool another year, and include her full-time, she will be our kindergartener. She is so tiny and innocent still, I can't believe she will be old enough to actually send away to real school should we choose. She says she wants to go to "my school" so we'll see. I have a feeling that this year with James, it's gone so smoothly, and been relatively easy, is about to turn full circle. He can read and write and already knows so much. Two years of preschool has taught her many things, but I know it will be alot different starting at the kindergarten level. And fun. and rewarding. Don't get me wrong. I'm looking forward to it.

The new year brought a new study in our Sunday school class. Experiencing God. We are four weeks in, and it's been super interesting. The concept in a nutshell is opening our lives to God's timing, will and work. Homework each day, and then memory verses each week to memorize and recite to the class. I feel a little guilty that I almost like Sunday school more than the actual church service. But, I don't have three kids crawling on me there :) Love them. not sure the janitor loves where we sit, apple jacks because baby picks a color she likes and discards the others. anyway. Life goes on, continues to be sweet, real and busy. Breakfast seems a priority for James this very moment, and we have school to get to. God is always present, near and blessing us. Praise Him.

Some sweet moments captured with my phone :)

Baby enjoys birthday cake
Sunday nap with Daddy

rare warm January day at the park

No comments:

Post a Comment