Friday, October 12, 2012

7 years and Grace

I can't believe it's the end of another week already. James turned 7 last Saturday, and the stomach bug hit here hard last week. Baby got it first, followed by Bobby and then James. His birthday was spent resting, and recovering from 13 straight hours of throwing up. No fun. But once he rested up, and started feeling better we got to celebrate a little.
We took him and two of his school friends to play putt-putt, and then Kaylyn got to come spend the night with us. It's nice to have last week behind us, as much as I love celebrating their birthdays with them, it was overshadowed by the awful sickness.
Summer laundry has faded into fall, and a few pairs of long johns have even graced my laundrypile. Sweaters and leggings for the girls, and thick shirts for my cold blooded husband make for almost as many loads as pond water towels and bathing suits :) We did some fun fall stuff this week, a pumpkin patch field trip with Bella's class, and we made applebutter, and apple pie filling with my mom. James enjoyed going along on Bella's field trip, and it was a beautiful fall day complete with a hayride and pumpkin picking. I'm hoping to get around to painting some pumpkins next week. We didnt get a ton of school done this week, since we were to busy doing other fun stuff :) , so we'll see. We might be hitting the books hard every day. Still so far so good, and I feel very blessed to be on this journey.
Our Sunday school teacher had some interesting thoughts this past Sunday. We are moving through the new testament, a book each Sunday, and this week was 2 Thessalonians. It was a great reminder as to who the real enemy is, and to quote him, " Why are we judging and fighting with each other over trivial things? We are making enemies in the church with our thoughts and actions, when the real enemy is over there (Satan) and needs us to band together to fight against him. The Lord Jesus showers us with Grace, and the Holy spirit, yet we continue to argue and dispute over things that the spirit gives us individual callings on. Each sincere Christian has the prompting of the Holy Spirit, and we are saved by grace. So stop fighting each other. Fight the real enemy"
Lots to think about and pray on this week. My mind went to the 7 years God has blessed us with James, and how much we have grown, and changed, and fallen apart, and came together as a family. Those first years were tough, yet God's grace continued to abound, and follow us, and save us. Praise Him! Wonderful maker.
So, as I sit here, with my individual raspberry sherbet, typing away, thinking of memory verses to write on notecards for the kids, I ponder His Grace, and love, and wonder if I will ever fully comprehend it, or if I even need to. I can rest in it. That's enough. His Grace is enough.

1 comment: