We have been swimming in the pond every day. Even baby b loves the water and the fountain mesmerizes her. I got some new rafts to float around and the kids play rescue or whatever else their imaginative minds come up with. My laundry has exploded, but I have to smile when all I fold day after day are bathing suits, towels, and beach towels. No real clothes for us lately. I do have to hit the grocery this week, I'm hoping to give the whole foods diet a go. I won't follow it to a letter, but my main goal is real food for 3 meals and snacks, and then usual summer treats as the occasion calls. I'm excited to try some of the recipes. It's here if you want to learn more.
The kids did VBS last week, and loved it. Bella cried when I dropped her off in a way I have never seen before, but the report was, as soon as she got moving she as fine. James sang one of his songs at church Sunday, and was adorable. I took a video but it wasn't great, so I won't post it, but he was revived, and super excited about everything he learned. Praise God for His work in tiny hearts.
Baby had her birthday, we sang to her, and went out for mexican, and then ice cream, which she did not care for. The older two had a good time anyway :) I'm patiently waiting pictures from my photographer/cousin/friend, so I will post her party when I get those. Can't believe my baby is one. I took her to get her one year pics done at my aunt/photographer/friend's house. Patiently waiting those as well :) She looks like my dad, and it cracks me up sometimes when I think how much like him she is. And has been from the very minute she was born. It's amazing to me, how even in the hospital before they come home, they have personalities and character. She has always been serious but funny, and studious of everything around. I woke from my hospital bed when she was a few hours old, to find her staring at me with the most intent, dark eyes I have ever seen. Not moving, just looking at me, without pause. Like she was trying to figure out this person whom she shared the last nine months with. My sweet baby. God is so good.
Bobby and I celebrated seven years together on Sunday. Although we didn't really "celebrate". He worked most of the day hooking and unhooking generators for friends and neighbors, and ran several FD calls. That's ok. I'm thankful to be his wife, friend and companion. We will get around to doing something special sometime. But, every day is special in it's own way. A sweet smile, or kind word, it's the little things.
So, life goes on, with it's struggles, and sweetness and tears and laughter. Keeping Jesus Christ preeminent in our lives and hearts is the main importance. Teaching my children about a real relationship, an intimate one with their Lord and Saviour. Praising God in little things, big things, and in between.
| baby turns one |
| rescue boat |
| ice to keep cool |
Sounds like a great summer! I understand about the attitude thing though. Things are a little rough here this week. And I think my attitude is the worst. I think I need a little more time in God's Word. That should adjust my attitude :) And I am waiting for Baby B's pictures too. The ones I have seen are just precious! She's beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThey are coming soon! Very very soon :)
ReplyDelete