Monday, February 20, 2012

Valentine's and snow!

I'm about a week late posting about love day, but we had a great time celebrating this special day, and God's love for us.
I have never been a fan of V-day, because I am not a mushy romantic person. I prefer reality, even though it's not fun sometimes. But this year, I have been so aware of God's love for me, my family, and my own love for my children and my husband that I was very very excited to spend the day celebrating.
Bella and I hit Michaels for supplies for both hers and James school Valentine's, and they had party supplies 50 % off.
So we had a very er, sparkly V-day party. Unfortunately I was so busy cooking and decorating and loving, that I did not get any pics :( but nonetheless it was a great time. The kids wanted to invite Poppy and Grandma over, so I made a big meal, cleaned, we hung glittery hearts, streamers, and lit candles everywhere.
Bobby was on a call (reality) but it was still a loving time.
It was really an amazing day, and we talked alot about how much God loves us, how we love each other, and how we can celebrate that. I think the kids really learned it's more that just school parties, and G-L-I-T-T-E-R. whew. lots of glitter :)
I explained to them that I love them, called them my little loves, and then we talked about unconditional love, and real love. I am more in love with Bobby than ever, and I hope the same for them, in the future. It all starts with knowing and loving God, so I pray for this, earnestly. I had told Bobby he didn't have to buy me flowers or a gift , but he brought Bella and Me flowers and James heart shaped cookies home. I loved him the most for bringing Bella flowers and making her feel like a princess. She has not left those things alone, and tells everyone that her daddy brought her flowers. Nothing could be sweeter. I am praising God for the work He has done to soften my heart, when I think about how far He has brought me from a few years ago when I would sneer at the thought of Valentine's day. Now, I can't wait to tell about HIS love, and celebrate it.


The snow has everyone around here squealing, and scurrying for hats mittens and snow boats. It's beautiful, and we had some fun playing in it. Until my feet got frozen and I had to surrender.
Brr. It was much more fun as kids, when you could spend hours in it, and never even think it's cold :)
So, I hear baby, she wonders where da da is . Well, looks like she will be settling for mommy. For now, anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment