Monday, January 2, 2012

Back to Reality

Well, Christmas vacation is over. James is back to school today. Bella and I are pretty lonely without him. The time home was wonderful. We did some fun things, and just stayed home together and laughed alot. We went to the movies twice, spent some time with friends and family, and took some great naps together.

So today is back to reality. I am realizing the cost of taking a few weeks off. It seems like when all the children are here, some things besides laundry slip. My prayer life is put on back burner, along with my study time. I have not attended my bible study since Berkeley was born, and have trouble focusing on really getting in the word, and digging deeper than the surface. I struggle with focus. It takes accountability for me to stay in the word and learn, and seek. The edges of my life begin to unravel. I'm snappy with Bobby. I'm edgy, and unthankful. I look to other things to please, instead of looking to HIM. It is not a very pretty, or desirable way to live, raise a family or be a wife. I'm not super into resolutions, but since James is back to school, I'm taking extra steps to be back at it. Sometimes to jump start the marriage part of it, I adapt the Love dare, just by doing a few days, or certain points. And I'll be doing some praying, confessing, and then rejoicing at the Lord's loving kindness, and power to lift me up.
Happy New Year to all.
"now I resolve with all my heart,
with all my power to serve the Lord"

2 comments:

  1. God is so good! Just when I start to isolate myself with guilt and shame about my lack of devotions, just when I feel too ashamed to admit it to myself, let alone other people, just when I realize that this is why I've been so snappy and unhappy... you write this post and I am encouraged. Other ironies... I just ranted yesterday about how I'm not into resolutions, but I woke up with the "now I resolve" song stuck in my head this morning.

    So thankful for the reminder that we are all in this together! PTL

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful reminder when resolutions are at their height right now. To resolve to worship the Lord with all my heart. . . this is so much better than any diet, exercise plan or anything else of this world. Thank you for this insight and it definately puts a new perspective on resolutions for me from now on. This is something I can resolve to do daily not yearly. :) Judy

    ReplyDelete