Saturday, October 22, 2011

LIFE

I am not sure why, but I feel like writing.
It's a perfect fall Saturday. The babies have wondered off to be with Daddy at the barn. Tiny baby is sleeping in her bed for once instead of my arms. The sunshine is so beautiful it makes me wonder how heaven could be any more lovely than this. But it will be. Perfect.
I should be washing windows. but I'm not.
It's just like all the other things I could be doing while life happens around me.
Like dieting. I should be loosing ten pounds. But, life happened. and ice cream dates happened. and gigantic buckets of popcorn happened.My babies won't remember how skinny mama was, but how happy I was sharing that ice cream cone as we giggled about who gets the last lick. 
I should be organizing my closet. but bella wants to read books. And baby doesn't particularly care for being put down. She much prefers to be part of everything I do on one arm. She is nosy.So, life happened. and closets are messy.I wear the same things anyway. comfy sweatshirt that doesn't mind when life happens. like when baby decides to soak me in drool.
I should be raking leaves. but they only blow back. James needs help building legos. My bible is looking a little stiff, instead of worn and folded. So life happens. and the leaves swirl around the door.
I should be cleaning out my cabinets. but when I get near the kitchen someone is hungry. so, I grab what I need and slam the door before the whole cabinet comes out. life.
I should be cleaning my laundry room. after all, it doesn't make sense to clean clothes in a dirty room. but neither does it make sense for Jesus to save my unworthy soul. But, He did. So, some things don't make sense. But they are. life.
I should be working on the receipts and check stubs that pile at an alarming rate. But, Bella wants me to play. dinosaurs. or diego. She needs me to take her pee pee. She needs me. life.
I really really should be out doing anything other than sitting here on the computer. But, life happens, and my memory is not at all well. So, next year, when baby is one, I won't remember today's life. Unless I sit here and record a few of it's precious moments.
I will look back and say, wow. Life was so different then!
The October sun shone perfectly, I ate pizza with the kids instead of starving. I built legos, instead of washing windows. I held baby and cooed at her instead of listening to her cry over being alone.
I recorded the beauty of today. because I will forget this blissfully peaceful feeling. 
Life happens. Thank goodness it does.
I must do everything heartily, as unto the Lord. all the while praising Him.
For life. And it's happenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment