mine is pretty messy right now. a new baby, summer turning to fall, school has started,bella has discovered more stickers, well you get the idea. but I am trying not to stress. once upon a time, I was a stickler about this there and this here and no this there and no that here. but I began to think about how my children will remember their home. of course they will not remember the awesome decor, or the spotless floors. they will remember how much fun they had making me playdoh figurines on the kitchen counters, and how many lego mansions they built at the kitchen table. and how the tea lights served as teacups and we drank numerous green teas on cold days. they will remember seeing the dead dandelions they picked for me laying in the windowsills above the kitchen sink.hopefully they will remember that I let go of the idea of a showcase house and loved, nurtured, and let them play in their home,a haven from all the world around them. so, as I considered this, I started thinking about the home in my heart. Is it messy? Do I consider it a showcase that I spend time making sure it looks good to those who look in? Is the house in my heart clean? have I invited Jesus to live there, not worrying about how this looks to the pottery barns of the world? He wants to inhabit every corner. He longs to settle in and put his feet on my couch for a nice long visit. He wants it to be warm and welcoming, not stiff, and uninviting.He wants it to be cleaned of junk, and purged of things I do not need. not filthy, filled with useful, livable things such as love. patience.goodness. meekness. He wants the house in my heart to have his word inscribed on the walls. Reminders of his will and way hanging so they may be remembered daily. Create in me, oh God a pure heart, a clean heart. I want to spend as much, or more time cleaning the house in my heart as I do my earthly home. I want to open my door to Jesus and allow him to clean those cobwebs out of the corners. I want HIM to fill it with his word and spirit. and these things be done to his glory, not seeking praise and approval from others. storing up good, and sweeping out evil."the good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks" luke 6:45.
My prayer is to create and warm loving clean home for my children, and my even greater prayer is to create the same for the house in my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment