Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Praise HIM!

and they brought the colt to Jesus, and cast their garments on him; and he sat upon him. and they spread their garments in the way: and others cut branches off the trees, and strowed them in the way. and they that went before, and they that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna; blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord: Blessed be the kingdom of our father David, that cometh in the name of the Lord: Hosanna in the highest.....


And less than a week later, they who cried Hosanna, crucified Him. Naming Him Jesus of Nazareth , King of the Jews with a crown of thorns.

How many times have I called His name highest, most worthy, and then less than a minute, a second, crucified Him with the prick of my crown of sin.......

When I am in the presence of those who scoff and jeer, do I throw my garments for Him to ride in on....Glorious, victorious... or do I deny, nailing His hands to the cross of my shame.....

what is my response to His sacrifice....humbly seeking a place at the foot of the cross....or seeking a high place in sin and strife....

Do I wave the palms daily for His entrance into my life.....or thrust the reed of vinegar when He claims "I thirst"............

Praise Him it doesn't end here. Praise Him that three days later, The stone was rolled away, revealing the glorious Resurrection. Praise Him that He rolls away the stone of sin from my door, and declares Redeemed! I paid it all! You may rise up from death, and hell, and be glorified forever! Praise Him !

No comments:

Post a Comment