Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving

Well, Christmas is officially 'right around the corner". With Thanksgiving past, and turkey cleaned up, pumpkins are rotting, Christmas will be here in the blink of an eye. Wow. Baby's second, my 27th. Our  7th together as a family with babies. We moved into our new house the day after Christmas in 2007. I could almost promise there is still sawdust in the window cracks :) I could not blink again, but I'm guessing the time would press on anyway.

Hope everyone had a grand Thanksgiving. The kids and I were blessed to spend ours at the beach with my parents. It was really nice to spend time with them and relax. Even though three kids in a hotel room is really not super relaxing. Ha. The weather was nice and the kids got in the water both days. We  had one of the best views I have ever seen from every room in our condo, and I woke up to the beautiful creation of God with a heart truly full of Thanksgiving. The song by Point of Grace (He holds everything) was on my heart the entire time we were there. HE can hold an ocean back with one little shore! I took notice of how physically amazing this was while I was there and my heart was overcome with gratitude over what He can do for us. Faith. How simple and how hard sometimes!

Bella helped herself to the attic today and decorated her room for Christmas, stringing lights on her stuffed dolphin, and her big money jar among other things. Super cute, and I'm thinking I don't have the  heart to take them down. I put wreaths on our windows, made lunch, (yummy yummy soup I canned with my Grandma last week) and then crashed with the girls. They were both grumpy and fussy. It was nice, and I guess we all three needed the rest. Now, I have alot of laundry to work on. I don't have much to blog about today, but I just wanted to type these few memories before they fade into the past and get lost. Berkeley is squealing at Bella and she thinks its hilarious. I do not, so I will go :) Hope everyone has a blessed week......

No comments:

Post a Comment