It's the middle of the night.....
Bobby's pager went off and woke me up. He's gone on a call, James is coughing, and my wisdom tooth is hurting something fierce. So sleep is not looking likely in the near future.
It's also June 1.
JUNE 1 2012 people! I mean last time I checked it was 2011 or 2005, or something.
Really, the issue here is June marks both my girls birthdays. I'm not a crier, but I will cry.
Maybe every day this month. My Berkeley Haven will be one this month. There. I typed it. sob.
She learned to do this, this week. She is quite pleased with herself, and I do mean quite.
I started party planning, and made a headway on Etsy. I told Bobby at supper that baby would have the cutest party ever, and he would therefore be broke. He laughed at me. We'll see who's laughing when the bill comes. Just kidding. Etsy is actually pretty thrifty, and I love supporting those crafty people. Anyway, I found some pretty cute stuff. So, I might make good on half my threat anyway :)
Sweet Bella had her last day of school, and now it feels like summer. She has been super happy and sweet this week. It's bliss. I told Bobby last night, when she's like this, it makes life so sweet and precious. There has been no gold glitter this week. ahem. Give it time. But seriously, she can charm the socks off an ant not wearing any socks this week. Daddy doesn't stand a chance. And me? well let's just say that the sweetness, combined with the fact that she turns four this month, she pretty much is having ice cream at every meal, and candy for a snack. Plus, I let her watch a movie today, and it was NOT movie day. If you know the rules in our house, that's a super accomplishment. That rule is a sticker, and hardly ever gets bent. Major ground for Bella!
James and I went on a little trip to visit our goats. We sent them away to a farm where they can both be free, and we really miss them. They remembered us, and were so happy to see James. You can't see James' smile here, but likewise, he was super excited to see them. He got in the car today and said, 3 more days of school mama! I was thinking, three more days with your nice teacher, buddy.....
Really, it was more like, I know! three more sandwiches and apples, and then I'm done.But I smiled and said I know honey, I can't wait. Stay tuned for how our eating habits (might) get an overhaul. If I'm brave enough. My cousin is doing this over on her blog and I'm so inspired to try it when school lets out. We'll see.
I'm getting a little sleepy now. and hungry. If there was a Steak n Shake in these parts, Bobby would be making a trip on his way home.
But there's not.
So, Goodnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment