Friday, May 18, 2012
Sleepy
I'm a little sleepy. Baby B, who is normally a grand sleeper, somehow ended up in my bed last night. And when I say somehow I mean her daddy got her and deposited her next to me after she cried and I mumbled what is wrong with baby, poking him. Regardless she did not see sleep as a neccesity.
Did I mention I'm a little sleepy? She didn't make a fuss, just curled her feet up to her bottom and laid her head between us. Then popped up every few seconds to make sure my eyes were like saucers to match hers. She eventually did fall asleep , but then began a strange acrobatic show, flipping this way and that, kicking and hitting my sunburnt skin. I got a little overexcited about the appearance of the sun yesterday and today I look like a lobster who has never been more embarrassed in his life. Secretly, i loved having her next to me all night . I know I will blink and there will be many nights when I'm praying all night for her to come home safely and sneak off to bed. So, I loved every second.
But, I am a little sleepy.
Life is so good .....I will treasure every night full of silky sweet skin that still smells like baby lotion ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment