Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a Happy Mom's Day.
I did. My kids woke me up with a sweet card, we went to church, went to Fork in the Alley for lunch (yea!) , and fished at the pond. Then we visited my mom, went out for ice cream, and finally saw Chimpanzee!! it was a great day.
I didn't get any pics, I don't know what I was thinking. I guess the fact that Bella changed into her pjs as soon as we pulled in the driveway, and James stripped off his church shirt to reveal his muscle tee, and well I was sleepy from the delicious pizza, cheese bread,smore, and coke I feasted on might have had something to do with it.
I'm so thankful to be a mother, and wife, and the sermon we heard yesterday morning from Proverbs 31 was awesome at encouraging me to do these things with renewed joy, peace and contentment. We heard love is a choice, and while flowers and romance are nice, our love should come from a place of commitment and not from feeling. Words I need to remember when Bella crafts in the living room and gets gold glitter all over every surface imaginable. I must choose to love her as though she had not coated my rug with sticky shiny mess. Even though for some strange reason, it's these types of things she does that makes my heart melt, and I seem to love her more. It makes me happy to see her uniqueness and know that God made her just the way she is, and gave her to me as a wonderful gift to enjoy, love, and giggle with.
My house is a mess, and the laundry is behind me in a huge pile just smirking. My vacuum cleaner is broke, and while it was fun for a few days, it's starting to be rather unappetizing to have the smashed granola that baby flings from her high chair stuck to my foot and then deposited in some other room to be glanced at and wonder what that strange glob of brown stuff is. So, I'm kinda hoping it gets fixed soon. Meanwhile, I will watch the rain pour down, and wish that soccer practice had been cancelled instead of moved to the gym. No cleats, the coach said, when he called last night. Really! Soccer in the middle of a flood watch. Dedication. It's the highlight of James' week though. So, I will ahem, gladly take him, and watch him play in his tennis shoes.
So, Happy rainy Monday. A few more weeks of school, spring, and chaos and then summer will be upon us. I have a feeling it's going to be the best one yet!
No comments:
Post a Comment